Sunday, August 2, 2015

Post spring season update

I haven't posted in a while. My chase season ended after my 9 May chase when the rear axle on my truck broke. That alone makes it the most expensive season to date.

All in all, the times I did get out were good. A misjudged target for one, and picking the wrong storm on the second prevented me from scoring like I would have wanted. That said, it was fun to get out and I had fun when I did. Made the acquaintance of some other chasers in the process so no complaints there.

I'll get out for anything close in the secondary season, but those will be more targets of opportunity than anything as things have been slow at work and the money just hasn't been there. If nothing happens in the fall, I'll focus on getting ready for the spring season. I still need to get some equipment (namely my ham radio in the truck) ready to go and I will be breathing new life into an old laptop that I have that the hard drive went out on. I believe that if I can get that up and going, I can use it for at least a couple of years till I can better afford a newer machine.

Short and sweet, but I don't have much else to talk about at this stage of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment